To run CyberPanel on A2 hosting, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your A2 hosting account cPanel.
- Locate the "Software" section and click on "Select PHP Version".
- From the PHP Version Manager, make sure you select PHP 7.2 or higher as CyberPanel requires PHP 7.2 or above.
- Once you have selected the PHP version, navigate back to the cPanel home screen, and click on "Select PHP Options".
- Enable the following PHP extensions by checking the respective checkboxes: Curl, PDO, Sockets, Zip, Zlib, openssl.
- Scroll down and ensure the ionCube Loader extension is enabled. If it is not enabled, you can enable it by navigating to the "Software" section in your cPanel, clicking on "Select PHP Version" and enabling it from the ionCube Loader option.
- Go back to the cPanel home screen and click on "Git Version Control".
- Enable the Git Version Control by following the instructions provided on the page.
- Next, you need to install CyberPanel. You can do this by logging into your server through SSH or using the Terminal provided by A2 hosting on cPanel.
- Run the following command to download and install CyberPanel:
sh <(curl https://cyberpanel.net/install.sh || wget -O - https://cyberpanel.net/install.sh)
- The installation process will begin, and you will be prompted to provide the license information and set up your password for CyberPanel.
- Once the installation is complete, you can access CyberPanel by opening your web browser and navigating to http://yourdomain.com:8090.
- Log in with the username admin and the password you set up during the installation process.
- After logging in, you can start configuring and managing your websites using CyberPanel.
Follow these steps, and you will be able to run CyberPanel on A2 hosting without any issues.
What is CyberPanel?
CyberPanel is an open-source web hosting control panel designed to simplify and streamline the process of managing web servers and websites. It offers a graphical user interface (GUI) that allows users to easily manage their websites, domains, databases, email accounts, and other server-related tasks.
Some key features of CyberPanel include:
- Lightweight and fast: CyberPanel is built on top of OpenLiteSpeed web server, which is known for its high performance and low resource usage.
- One-click installation: It provides a simple and intuitive installation process, allowing users to set up a web server with just a few clicks.
- WordPress-centric: CyberPanel is specifically optimized for WordPress websites, with features like one-click WordPress installation, automatic updates, and LiteSpeed Cache plugin integration for improved performance.
- Domain and website management: Users can easily manage domains, subdomains, SSL certificates, DNS records, and website files through the control panel.
- Email management: CyberPanel includes an email server module that enables users to create and manage email accounts, email forwarding, spam filtering, and other related settings.
- Backup and restore: It provides easy-to-use backup and restore functionalities, allowing users to safeguard their website data and easily restore it when needed.
- Security features: CyberPanel incorporates security measures such as firewall rules, IP blocking, and SSL certificate management to enhance website security.
Overall, CyberPanel aims to provide a user-friendly interface and a comprehensive set of features to simplify website and server management for both beginners and more advanced users.
How to enable SSL/TLS encryption for websites in CyberPanel on A2 hosting?
To enable SSL/TLS encryption for websites in CyberPanel on A2 Hosting, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your CyberPanel admin control panel. You can access it by navigating to https://:8090.
- Once logged in, locate the "Websites" section in the sidebar and click on it.
- In the websites list, find the website for which you want to enable SSL/TLS encryption and click on the "Manage" button.
- In the website management page, click on the "SSL" tab.
- Click on the "Issue SSL" button. This will automatically generate and install a free Let's Encrypt SSL certificate for your website.
- Wait for the SSL certificate to be issued and installed. This process usually takes a few seconds.
- After the installation is complete, you can access your website using https:// instead of http://. Your website will now be encrypted with SSL/TLS.
Note: CyberPanel automatically renews Let's Encrypt SSL certificates before they expire, so you don't have to worry about manually renewing them.
That's it! Your website is now using SSL/TLS encryption in CyberPanel on A2 Hosting.
How to manage databases in CyberPanel on A2 hosting?
To manage databases in CyberPanel on A2 hosting, you can follow these steps:
- Access CyberPanel: Log in to your CyberPanel control panel by entering the URL in your web browser, followed by ":8090" (e.g., yourdomain.com:8090).
- Create a Database: Once logged in, click on the "Databases" tab in the left sidebar. From here, you can create a new database by clicking on the "Create Database" button.
- Set Database Details: Enter the necessary details for the new database, such as the database name, database user, and password. You can also select the database size and click on the "Create" button to proceed.
- Manage Databases: After creating the database, you will see a list of existing databases on the "Databases" page. You can manage your databases by performing actions like deleting, granting access, and changing passwords directly from this interface.
- Access Database via phpMyAdmin: CyberPanel also provides a built-in phpMyAdmin interface to manage databases. To access it, click on the "phpMyAdmin" button next to the database you want to manage.
- Import/Export Databases: In the phpMyAdmin interface, you can import or export databases. To import a database, click on the "Import" tab, choose the database file from your local system, and click on the "Go" button. To export a database, select the database you want to export, click on the "Export" tab, choose the export method (e.g., quick, custom), and click on the "Go" button.
- Backup Databases: CyberPanel allows you to create database backups for your websites. To create a backup, go to the "Website" -> "List Websites" section, select the desired website, click on the "Backup" button, and choose the database backup option.
Note: Ensure that you have necessary permissions and access rights to manage databases in CyberPanel. If you encounter any issues or need further assistance, consider reaching out to A2 hosting support for guidance.