To run CyberPanel on RackSpace, you can follow these steps:
- Provision a Virtual Private Server (VPS) on RackSpace. Choose the desired specifications, such as CPU, RAM, and storage, according to your requirements.
- Once the VPS is provisioned, log in to the RackSpace control panel.
- Navigate to the Networking section and set up the necessary firewall rules for your VPS. Allow inbound traffic on ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS) to ensure web access.
- Access your VPS through SSH using a terminal or SSH client.
- Update the system packages by running the command: sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade
- Install any required dependencies using the package manager. For example, if you are using Ubuntu, install the necessary packages by running the command: sudo apt install -y git python3-pip python3-dev python3-venv libssl-dev libffi-dev libmysqlclient-dev
- Clone the CyberPanel repository from GitHub to your VPS, using the command: git clone https://github.com/usmannasir/cyberpanel.git
- Navigate to the cyberpanel directory: cd cyberpanel
- Create and activate a Python virtual environment: python3 -m venv env source env/bin/activate
- Install the required Python packages using pip: pip install -r requirements.txt
- Execute the installation script to install CyberPanel: python install.py
- Follow the prompts provided by the installation script to configure CyberPanel and set your desired options.
- Once the installation completes, you can access the CyberPanel web interface by opening a web browser and entering the IP address of your VPS, followed by ":8090" (e.g., http://your_vps_ip:8090).
- Log in to the CyberPanel interface using the credentials you set during the installation process.
- From here, you can start managing your websites, domains, emails, databases, and other features offered by CyberPanel.
By following these steps, you can successfully run CyberPanel on RackSpace.
What is the default database name and user in CyberPanel on RackSpace?
The default database name and user in CyberPanel on RackSpace may vary depending on the specific setup and configuration of the server. By default, CyberPanel does not create a database or user on its own. Instead, it utilizes a pre-existing database management system, such as MySQL or MariaDB.
If you have already installed a database management system on your RackSpace server, you can use the default database name and user provided by that system. For example, in a fresh installation of MySQL, the default database name is usually "mysql" and the default user is "root".
If you have not yet installed a database management system, you will need to do so before using it with CyberPanel. Once you have set up the database management system, you can create a new database and user in that system, and then configure CyberPanel to use those credentials. The process for creating databases and users can vary depending on the specific database management system being used.
What is the cost of using CyberPanel on RackSpace?
The cost of using CyberPanel on RackSpace can vary depending on your specific requirements and usage. RackSpace offers different plans and pricing options, including dedicated servers, cloud servers, and managed services.
The cost of a RackSpace server can start at around $50 per month for a basic cloud server, but this can increase depending on the server size, specifications, and added services such as managed support.
Additionally, CyberPanel is a free control panel, so there is no direct cost associated with using it. However, you may need to consider any additional licensing fees for software or plugins that you may want to use with CyberPanel.
It is recommended to visit the RackSpace website or contact their sales team to get accurate and up-to-date pricing information based on your specific needs.
How to configure CyberPanel on RackSpace?
To configure CyberPanel on RackSpace, you can follow these steps:
- Install CentOS on your RackSpace server. You can choose the desired CentOS version depending on the CyberPanel requirements and compatibility.
- Connect to your server using SSH. You should have received the SSH details when setting up your RackSpace server.
- Update the system by running the following command: sudo yum update -y
- Install the necessary libraries and dependencies by running the following command: sudo yum install -y wget zip unzip git
- Download the CyberPanel installation script by running the following command: wget https://cyberpanel.net/install.sh
- Make the installation script executable by running the following command: chmod +x install.sh
- Run the installation script by running the following command: sudo ./install.sh This will initiate the installation process and guide you through various configuration options. Make sure to provide the necessary inputs when prompted.
- Once the installation is complete, you can access the CyberPanel admin panel by opening your web browser and navigating to https://:8090. Replace with the IP address of your RackSpace server.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your admin username, password, and domain name.
- Once you have completed the initial setup, you can start using CyberPanel to manage your websites and services.
Note: It's important to ensure that your RackSpace server meets the minimum requirements for running CyberPanel, such as having enough RAM, CPU, and disk space.